British Modern Military History Society - BMMHS.
Linda Parker is the Events Manager and co-founder of the
BMMHS organise a series of monthly Zoom Talks and live meetings for anyone interested in military history over the last 200 years from Nelson’s times to the present day.
BMMHS is Raising Funds for Blind Veterans UK
All of the Glimpses of War books are available on Amazon - Click on the cover to get your copy
The British Modern Military History Society (BMMHS) have now published two volumes of Glimpses of War, the proceeds from which go to the military charity Blind Veterans UK (formerly St Dunstan’s). All of the Glimpses of War books are available on Amazon.
Inspired by the first COVID lockdown, when our monthly live talks ceased, we asked our BMMHS members and associates to search their family archives and papers for their own and their family members’ experiences of war time – military or civilian, any war, any role. An overwhelming response has seen in excess of 220 articles and over 400,000 words from across the globe including the USA, Australia and several European countries. Articles range from the Boer War through the two world wars to the more recent Falklands War in 1982 and Afghanistan.
To mark the 40th anniversary, the British Modern Military History Society has compiled a book of memories and stories of those who served in the Falklands. The latest book in the Glimpses of War series, Glimpses of the Falklands War, has now been published and is available on Amazon. As with other volumes of Glimpses of War, all profits go to the charity Blind Veterans UK. #blindveterans
‘The Task Force’s victory in the Falkland Islands gave freedom back to the Islanders, releasing a vibrant energy to develop their lives. This fascinating compendium is another triumph in the “Glimpses” series!’
Major General Dair Farrar-Hockley MC, 2 Para in the Falklands
Click on the items below for further information on BMMHS and and our partner organisations
- BMMHS Website Maintenance
- Change of Event
- New Events Booked
- Book Reviews: The Second World War Through Soldiers’ Eyes
- Latest Article: The Walcheren Debacle 1809
- New Book: The Air Power Delusion
- Latest Articles: Korean War battle experience and Defence of Britain
- Book Reviews: Churchill’s Atlantic Convoys and The RAF’s Road to D-Day
- BMMHS Village Hall Meeting: The Battle of Jutland: Wednesday 11th October 2023 7:30pm
- Book Reviews: Wise Gals, Commando Medics & Alanbrooke
- Article: The ‘Hand of Fate’ in the Great War
- New Book: A Lancashire Fusilier’s First World War by Norman Hall
- New Book: The War of The Stray Dog
- BMMHS Village Hall Meeting: Churchill, Master and Commander
- Article: A COPP Officer in Malta