British Modern Military History Society - BMMHS.
Linda Parker is the Events Manager and co-founder of the
BMMHS organise a series of monthly Zoom Talks and meetings for anyone interested in military history over the last 200 years from Nelson’s times to the present day.
BMMHS is Raising Funds for Blind Veterans UK
BMMHS is currently in the process of producing a charity book in aid of Blind Veteran’s UK (formerly St Dunstan’s). The book’s title is ‘Glimpses of War’ and volume one (of three planned volumes) is now at proof reading stage and anticipated publication around Easter time.
There are some fantastic tales of heroism, sadness, people ‘doing their bit’, and some excellent pieces from historians too. I hope you all will be buying a copy and giving copies to all your friends and family as gifts too. Watch this space for launch.
Thank you to all of you who have made this possible.
‘What a marvellous time — during the many privations of ‘lockdown’ — to ask us all to turn out our family archives and contribute to the BMMHS’s first publication. And no better charity than Blind Veterans UK to receive any profit from this great initiative.’
Click on the items below for further information on BMMHS and and our partner organisations
- Afternoon Talk: The Real War Horse 6th July 2:00pm
- Glimpses of War – Kindle version now available on Amazon
- Evening Meeting: The Battle of The Nile 1798 9th June 7:30pm
- Afternoon Talk: The Zeppelin Onslaught – Britain’s Forgotten Blitz 1st June 2:00pm
- Secrets of Nazi Germany
- Evening Zoom Talk: Battle of The Atlantic 12th May 2021
- Glimpses of War – Now available on Amazon
- IWM Web presentation One Story, Different Voices: Rudolf Hess in Scotland
- Friends of Millbank Zoom Talk – A view from on high – the Defence Medical Services today, and a glimpse over the horizon
- Friends of the Fusilier Museum Warwick
- Afternoon Talk: Ships & Stars & Isles 4th May 2:00pm
- SoFFAAM Evening Zoom Talk – The de Haviland Mosquito
- BMMHS Tribute to Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Evening Meeting: Operation Carthage – The bombing of the Gestapo HQ in Copenhagen 14th April 7:30pm
- Farthest Fields – The Medical services in Indo-Burma 1939-44 – Friends of Millbank