British Modern Military History Society - BMMHS.
Linda Parker is the Events Manager and co-founder of the
BMMHS organise a series of monthly Zoom Talks and meetings for anyone interested in military history over the last 200 years from Nelson’s times to the present day.
BMMHS is Raising Funds for Blind Veterans UK
BMMHS is currently in the process of producing a charity book in aid of Blind Veteran’s UK (formerly St Dunstan’s). The book’s title is ‘Glimpses of War’ and volume one (of three planned volumes) is now at proof reading stage and anticipated publication around Easter time.
There are some fantastic tales of heroism, sadness, people ‘doing their bit’, and some excellent pieces from historians too. I hope you all will be buying a copy and giving copies to all your friends and family as gifts too. Watch this space for launch.
Thank you to all of you who have made this possible.
‘What a marvellous time — during the many privations of ‘lockdown’ — to ask us all to turn out our family archives and contribute to the BMMHS’s first publication. And no better charity than Blind Veterans UK to receive any profit from this great initiative.’
Click on the items below for further information on BMMHS and and our partner organisations
- BMMHS Tribute to Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Evening Meeting: Operation Carthage – The bombing of the Gestapo HQ in Copenhagen 14th April 7:30pm
- Farthest Fields – The Medical services in Indo-Burma 1939-44 – Friends of Millbank
- Return to Village Hall Survey March 2021
- Afternoon Talk: Secrets and Spies 6th April 2:00pm
- The Forgotten Few of the Fleet Air Arm – Battle of Britain – Paul Beaver
- Evening Meeting: The sinking of the Kursk 10th March 7:30pm
- Gallipoli Association Midland Regional Conference
- SWWEC – Second World War Experience Centre
- BMMHS Afternoon Zoom Talk: D Day Deception
- Gulf War Logistics and the challenges of medical resupply – Friends of Millbank
- Guests of the Sultan: Gallipoli Prisoners of War – Gallipoli Association
- IWM Web presentation The Bombing of Karlsruhe
- Falkland Islands Memorial for HMHS Uganda
- Evening Talk: Alamein 10th Feb 7:30pm